Banter from Brabant

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Apologies

So I (Doug) have now finished my exams and have only a 40 page thesis to write by August (Snap)... At this point my academic standing is the best its ever been. We shall see after the exams are corrected -- I am confident it will be maintained.

The last 5 months were rather tumultuous so major apologies for not writing. I think the forthcoming postings (if anyone is still reading this), will have to be retrospective about, well, the people... Those that we have met, grown to adore, grown to despise, etc... Or we could write about what we have been learning. What Adam Smith actually said, Immanuel Kant's ethics, Marxist applications to the concept of 'human capital' (good stuff there), Feminist Ethics, why there used to be a welfare state, Consequentialism, liberal arguments for US hegemony (world domination), Marxist deontological ethics, why the French are French and the Americans are Americans (J.J. Rousseau vs. James Madison)

So if anyone still reads this blog... of course we certainly understand if you don't due our negligence, make a post soon and we will try to revitalize the blog...

3 Comments:

  • I'm still reading it... you damn corn farmer. I want to hear about the fine beers you have been drinking and the fine meats you have been eating.

    By Blogger Kevin Dunne, at 5:21 AM  

  • We're still here reading! Keep the updates, I'd like to hear more about life there!

    By Blogger Rachel, at 11:53 PM  

  • You have a blog?

    By Blogger Escherblacksmith, at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home