Banter from Brabant

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Today's the day

I leave to meet my husband TODAY! I have been very anxious to see him after being apart for nearly 2 weeks. The flight departs in about 8 hours from Chicago, and I will arrive in Brussels on Monday around 1:30pm Central time - about 8:30pm Brussels time.

It really hit home that I was leaving last night when I said good-bye to my family for a whole year. I was not particularly nervous until then, and now I cannot get my stomach to settle. I will likely see some family members next May when they visit. Wow - this is the first time I have been apart from family for so long... I am already looking forward to their visit, and I am not even gone yet!!!

I hope everyone is doing well, and keep us in your thoughts. We will update as we can, and FYI - the keyboards are different in Belgium so bear with us;) We do not have internet in our new home.

5 Comments:

  • Best of luck, you lucky bastards! We'll be thinking of you (and talking shit about Doug, in an endearing kind of way).

    By Blogger Kevin Dunne, at 5:04 AM  

  • You'll be able to get free wireless internet access all over your new city with your laptop I'd say.

    By Blogger Kevin Dunne, at 5:06 AM  

  • Kevin,

    We had to pay 16.60 Euro per month for a cable connection -- our laptop doesn't have a wireless card (contrary to what we were told by the gelled-haired suburban Bestbuy Salesboy) and I don't think our area would pick up the signal anyway.

    By Blogger Doug and Beth, at 10:50 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Kevin Dunne, at 3:59 AM  

  • well, thank god you have the internet for without it we are nothing...

    nice tales from the airport.

    By Blogger Kevin Dunne, at 4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home